IPAM Quick Start Guide
Please be aware that by creating an account at Apteriks portal you have enabled both IPAM and Helpdesk functionality.
This document focuses on the IP Address Manager. Check out this Helpdesk Quick Start Guide for more information about your Helpdesk environment.
Explore the sample IP plan
If you are the new user, upon the first login you will see the sample IP plan that we have created for you. It will help you to explore the look and feel of the portal.
DELETE this sample data when you don't need it anymore!
- Click on a VRF (IP Address Space)
- Select the button : "Delete the content of this VRF"
Note the IPAM top menu
Once on IP Address Manager page, note the IPAM top menu,- it contains Import/Export actions, and more.
Note two hierarchy trees
On the left side of IPAM you have two types of hierarchical trees that give you two ways to look at the same IP data.
- IPAM Network Hierarchy Tree shows you the actual relationship among networks based on their IP addresses and masks. Note: you cannot re-arrange networks here; use the Flex Tree for that purpose.
- IPAM Flex Tree allows you to create folders and re-arrange networks in the way you need. Just drag and drop the items around.
Note: digits like (0/5) in the object's name mean "There are 0 child networks and 5 child nodes". You can turn the visibility of this feature here.
Understand IPAM objects
On this page you can see which object types are being used on the IPAM trees.
Note the drop-down menus
Every item on the IPAM tree has the contextual menu that simplifies the access to various actions.
Need the automation? Install the Sentinel agent
The coolest features, such as auto-population of IPAM database, DNS name resolution, response time measuring, are enabled after you install the Sentinel agent software. You will need a single installation per managed environment (IP Address space).
Use the sentinel setup guide when installing and configuring the agent.
Import your data
There are three types of import that we offer to you.
1) You can import IP data from the Comma-Separated file.
When using IPAM, access the top menu "Ipam" > "Import from file".
2) You can import IP networks and nodes directly from a live router.
When using IPAM, access the top menu "Ipam" > "Import from routing table".
3) You can extract the precise IP plan from your saved router/switch configuration files.
When using IPAM, access the top menu "Ipam" > "Import from config files".
Work as a team
Delegate rights and viewing privileges: to your colleagues or your customers.
After login, access the top menu "Account" > "Manage users"